I made the greatest mix CD ever, which I justify with the following comments. Even if the music isn't your type, I promise this CD will give you hours of pleasure. Surprise...there is not one single Keith Urban song on this list, although country music is equally represented.
1. Save Room - John Legend. Don't be afraid of a little bit of pain, pleasure is just on the other side. I love his sweet voice.
2. Nothing Left to Lose - Mat Kearney. Why does he spell his name with one "t"? This song reminds me of Counting Crows.
3. Wind It Up - Gwen Stefani. Finally! Someone samples "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound of Music. I love that movie and could easily sing all the songs. Sorry, Danielle, I know you hate the movie. I wish I had a little girl so I could share the movie with her.
4. Say It Right - Nelly Furtado.
5. Irreplaceable - Beyonce. To the left, to the left. I wish I believed in these lyrics. Awesome girl power song though.
6. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol. Those three words are said too much, They're not enough. Okay, I know they play this a lot on the radio but damn it's an awesome song. It's definitely in the soundtrack of the movie based on my life.
7. I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissors Sisters. This is a great song - it definitely sounds like the 70s - Bee Gees anyone? This would make a great workout song on my iPod. If only I exercised.
8. I Can't Get Next To You - The Temptations. So I was up late on Saturday night and Hope Floats was on HBO. Silly movie, but they lip sync to this song. So I make a mental note at 2 a.m. to download this song. Well, guess what? I already had it. Damn! I'm good.
9. Icebox - Omarion. I wasn't sure about this song, but I am so glad I added it. I got this icebox where my heart used to be.
10. We're Young and Beautiful - Carrie Underwood Come on! I used to believe that country music was too simple, but sometimes simple says it best. I like this song because of the tempo, it's twangy but not too annoying. Thanks to Heather - she always points me in the right direction with country music.
11. It Ends Tonight - All-American Rejects
12. Waiting On The World To Change - John Mayer I like it in spite of the fact that he's dating Jessica Simpson.
13. Whatever You Want - Tony! Toni! Tone!
14. Here In Your Arms - Hellogoodbye. Very 80s sounding.
15. Everything - Chely Wright Country music has a way of fitting my life exactly.
16. Good Life - Francis Dunnery This is my favorite song on the list. I heard it on Scrubs (which is my new favorite show). It is so beautiful. I am so tired of being angry and bitter. I can want happiness for you, and really mean it, without the snide remarks and sarcasm, and we can be happy. Here's to our problems; And here's to our fights; Here's to our achings; And here's to you having a good life.
17. My Love - Justin Timberlake He brought sexy back into my life, and now it's time for the lovin' to begin.
18. Want To - Sugarland Amazingly great song - all about the choices we make, or the choices we avoid because they are too difficult.
19. Streetcorner Symphony - Rob Thomas It's the last song on the CD (a very important spot as it sums everything up). I love his voice, so he could sing the ingredients of a box of cereal (but it would not be in the coveted last place spot).
I appreciate you sticking around through all 19 songs, and make sure you give each song a chance before dismissing me and rolling your eyes (cause I can see you all doing that out in internet-land).